See Render Gallery for my graphics projects.
Nemesis Drive (Fall 2016 - Spring 2017) - UI Programmer
Nemesis Drive is a Japanese-style hack ‘n’ slash with a touch of rogue-like elements – item drops, inventory and shop system. It is a 2-semester DigiPen game project, made using Unreal Engine 4. Waking up as the main character Larina, the player tries to escape from the evil robotics facility. The action-packed gameplay is enhanced by the scaling difficulty as the player progresses through procedurally-generated levels. Every art asset used in game is made by DigiPen students.
3D-Animation (Fall 2016)
This project is partly available (Rendering subsystem) on my public repository of DX11Renderer. Since this is a DigiPen project, the source is closed and available upon request. Below are the features of the project.
- Animation importing using FBXSDK
- VQS (Vector-Quaternion-Scale) interpolation for smooth animation
- Curved path generation and speed control (ease-in/-out)
- IK (Inverse Kinematics) using Cyclic-Coordinate Descent (CCD) algorithm
- Spring & Damper system with a Physics Engine using Euler Integration
Unlit (Spring 2016) - Graphics Programmer
Unlit is a 2.5D platformer, written in C++, without using a commercial game engine. This was a project for my 1-semester game class at DigiPen where I worked with 3 other programmers and a game designer. Besides the graphics, I also worked on engine architecture, component design, debugging, optimization and installer. As we were not allowed to use even the free open source assets on the web, every asset used in game is created by DigiPen students.
- Egemen Koku - Engine / Scene Editor / Audio / Particles
- Volkan Ilbeyli - Graphics / Engine / Deployment
- Lisa Sturm - Engine / Story / Game Play / HUD / Menus / Modeling
- Sai Narayan - Physics / Engine / Game Play / Modeling / Level Editing / Trailer
- William Harmon - Game Designer
VolkEngine 2D - Space Shooter (Fall 2015)
Ground-up C++/SFML/OpenGL game engine with the following features:
- Math library for vector and matrix algebra
- Physics library for box collision detection & resolution
- Hardware accelerated rendering
- Frame rate controller
- Component based architecture for game object management
- Data oriented design: archetypes & data deserialization
- Messaging & event system
Missile Command VR (Summer 2015)
This Unity5 project was a prototype and the first of a portfolio of work made by a small indie development studio I took part in. I worked on trajectory physics, input manager and some of the animations as well as a little bit of the UI.
Minesweeper (Spring 2015)
A 3D Minesweeper clone, made in Unity3D 5 with some basic textures and some Unity Store assets. The game has a global leaderboard and an options menu. I focused on UI elements and simple effects in this project.
Zaptor (Spring 2014)
Zaptor is the very first game I developed using Unity3D. 4 different enemy types keep spawning with increased difficulty until the player dies. Press
Backspace if you want to cheat!
ITUBot - StarCraft AI (Spring 2014)
I chose to implement an AI system for my graduation project at Istanbul Technical University using my favorite game of all times, StarCraft, after I discovered BWAPI. The bot follows a short build order while the main focus is on blocking the entrance of the base, as known as walling.